Top 5 Mattresses for Pregnant Women
As a woman, you would want to hear someone calling you ‘MOM,’ running here and there with joy and pleasure. Don’t worry if you don’t have one until now. You can plan a baby right now by discussing with your significant other. All you have to do is to consult with an experienced gynecologist and find out the most fertile days in your cycle. Once you are aware of when you are ovulating, plan an intercourse and there you go!
Your next consideration should be to prepare for different physical issues during pregnancy. With every passing month, your body needs more comfort and peace of mind since the baby is growing inside your womb. You may have to deal with different physical problems from cramps and nausea to chronic pain in the body. Sleep disruption is the common problem during pregnancy in which, you may need cushioning and extra support that is only possible by having a good quality mattress.
Factors to Choose the Right Mattress
You cannot simply go out and get a mattress. Rather, you have to do some research and remember a few factors while purchasing any of the available options. Since you are pregnant, your purchasing criterion should be completely different from others. So, here is what you should consider before making a decision:
• Sleeping Position: Know your sleep position and try to change it if there is something wrong. Ideally, you should sleep at either side, not on your back or stomach as it may put pressure on the back.
• Firmness: Since you are already carrying a baby in your body, pay attention on the firmness of your mattress. It has a significant impact on everything from comfort to spinal alignment. Therefore, the mattress shouldn’t be too soft or hard to sleep over.
• Partner’s Needs: Your mattress selection must be a mutual decision of you and your partner as you both are going to share it. Make sure that it gives comfortable sleep during pregnancy.
• Temperature Matters: As you know that you may have temperature swings during pregnancy, avoid purchasing a mattress that is too soft or hard. Soft ones may sink your body in and don’t provide enough insulation while firm mattresses have least contact with the body, thereby promote airflow.
• Post-Pregnancy Use: Mattress selection doesn’t only require your comfort during the time period; rather, you have to consider post pregnancy needs as well. Since it’s an expensive investment that you cannot make soon, be sure to remember the needs.
Top 5 Mattresses for You
Now that you have learned about what to consider before making a selection, it’s time to list down possible options. As a pregnant woman, you should look at these mattresses:
1. Loom & Leaf
Referred to as the best memory foam mattress, Loom & Leaf is designed to meet all requirements of the pregnant sleepers. It is a combination of standard memory and gel memory foam that offers the right softness and extra cushioning. It works on the pressure points and reduces back pain during pregnancy. Your task is to choose from two firmness options- Firm (8 on the scale 1-10) and Medium (5.5) to facilitate different feel preferences and body types. Its cotton cover remains cool during summers and does not give the temperature as most foam mattresses do. The best of all, Loom & Leaf offers a 15-year warranty and 120-night sleep trial on average.
Nectar is a prime option after Loom & Leaf. Although it is a below-average price-point mattress, you won’t see any compromise on quality and performance. It is made up of dual memory foam layers that alleviate pressure and align the spinal cord. Its high-density polyfoam base consists of two separate layers for edge support and comfortable sleeping. Since it is a Medium Firm (6), you can easily use it during and after your pregnancy. It can also absorb and isolate motion transfer more efficiently than other mattresses. The best of all, it is light in weight and can be moved and rotated easily. Nectar offers a 10-year warranty along with a 365-night sleep trial for moms-to-be.
3. Casper Wave
As the newest option in the market, Casper Wave is a Medium Soft (4.5) mattress. It has memory foam, blended latex and polyfoam layers that provide exceptional pressure and pain relief by working on the lower back, neck and other areas. You don’t have to struggle while getting in and out of the bed as the mattress has thicker profile. It is 11 1/2-inch thick while its breathable cotton cover maintains the desired temperature to avoid hot flashes. The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty and 100-night sleep trial for new customers so that they can check and rest assured about their comfort level.
4. Bear Mattress
If you experience back pain during first and third trimesters, then Bear Mattress is the perfect solution. Made with flagship memory foam, this mattress has Celliant fabric cover that promotes air circulation. The material is useful to absorb body heat and alleviate discomfort. Celliant ensures extra cooling and ensures temperature neutrality. It is also a Medium Firm (6.5) mattress that you can choose to spend your second and third trimesters with comfort and convenience. You can take a trial sleep of 100 nights and enjoy 10-year warranty after approval.
5. Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If your weight during pregnancy ranges between 130 and 230 pounds, then you must sleep over Brooklyn Bedding Signature mattress. It has moderate firmness and a perfect balance of body conforming. It is available in three settings: Firm (8), Medium Firm (6) and Soft (3). This Signature mattress is made of polyfom comfort and gel-infused polyfoam layers that offer consistent body conforming. The best part about this mattress is that it has a pocketed coil support core to prevent sinkage and sagging on the bed.
Once you have consulted with a doctor and knew your physical health, it would be quite easy to come up one of the above mattresses. Just remember not to ignore even minor issues during your pregnancy.
Source by Anusha Saeed