Behavioral Treatment For Good Sleep
Sleep is a natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body. Eyes
usually close and consiousness is completely or partially lost so that there is
a decrease in the body movement and responsiveness to external stimuli.
Sleep can be termed as a rest for your entire body senses and a treatment to
reduce tensions and overcome the anxiety of fear and fright.
In day to day life where we form a routine our body movements work and in the
growing age where our hormones change we need to give our body some rest when
actually our mind works and the energy used to make those energies stop at a
particular point of time. We need to regain those energies again to have an
active part again. That movement of tensions fear and anxieties need to be
removed from the mind to gain a better sleep.
Then To Have A Better Sleep Stress Free Sleep Here Are Some Ways
1) Restrict the amount of time spent in bed as close as possible to the actual
2) Go to bed only when sleepy not when fatigue
3) If we are unable to sleep more than 20 minutes go to another room and
return to the room only when sleep is imminent
4) Use the bed room for sleep only not for eating or watching television or
5) Maintain a schedule for sleeping times as per eight hours of sleep.
6) Avoid day time naps
7) Avoid drinking alcohol in the evenings do not help you to use it to sleep
8) Avoid caffeine such as tea coffee after mid afternoon
9) Exercise regularly during the day avoids evening Keep bedroom dark and
If you are finding yourself lying in bed and unable to sleep we should get up
and engage in some activity until you feel sleepy to return to bed. This will
help re-establish the bed as a cue for sleeping and not for lying.
Tips For Getting Back To Sleep
Do Visualization: Focus all your attention on your toes or visualize walking
down and endless stairwell. Thinking about repitative or mindless things will
help the brain to shut down and adjust to sleep.
Don’t Do Anything Stimulating: Don’t do anything jobs related or watch a
stimulating program. Don’t expose yourself to bright light. The light gives cues
to brain that it is the time to wake up
Eat Some Trytophan Products: Products such as turkey, milk, cottage cheese,
yogurt, chicken, cashews, Soya beans and tuna would be a good diet before
Meditation is a technique, which can be used to relax your mind and soul for
getting better sleep. Doing meditation concentration on eyes and heart is
These behavioral techniques can be used for a better sleep at night.